CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Evan!

So, today my baby turned FIVE, if you can believe it! I still can't. He's such a sweet boy. And fortunately he's easy to please. Here's a little recap of our special day with our now five-year old!

Here's Evan excitedly opening his first present:


I wish I hadn't tried to take this picture with the bright window right behind! Grammy was helping Evan open her card to him--just for a five-year old!

Opening more presents:

Evan & Brookie givin' big cheeser smiles:


Here's Evan before blowing out his candles. The funny part was that my camera was dying, so I made him sit there and say cheese for about 30 seconds while the dumb thing took one picture! That was the longest "CHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEE" in history, I think! In his mind he's just thinking, "Come on, Mom! I just wanna blow out my candles!"


This was too cute. Evan was a little anxious about getting too close, so he stood way back and had to blow about 10 times to get five little candles blown out. Good thing I didn't buy trick candles!


Aww! Typical Evan grin:



(And really, the best part is that we used this same cake for the combined family birthday bash we had on Saturday when Vince's family was here for his brother's graduation. I didn't want to bake yet another cake and have it sitting on my counter for the next 2 weeks. So I turned this cake just right so you can't see that 2/3 of it is missing! Hehehe!)

And here's Grammy, Uncle Joseph, and Auntie Debbie with the kids (where was Opa, anyway?) eating their yummies! The best is the expressions on my kids' faces! I think Evan was too into his bite of ice cream, and Brooke looks like she's crossing her eyes!

And when I tucked my kids into bed, I asked Evan if he had a good birthday. And he said "Yes. And tomorrow I get to go to school!" Oops. Guess I hadn't made that clear enough. Yes you go to Kindergarten when you're five, but not the next day! He was a little disappointed that he has 3 1/2 more months before he gets to go, but I'm certainly not!

3 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Yay! What a cutie. And I can't believe he's five! I'm so excited for him/so sad he's all grown up. :)

Thanks for posting these pictures, by the way. It helps to have something to sustain me while I'm still in Boston. :)

Sheri Willardson said...

How cute! Love the pics. I can't believe you have a five year old as your youngest, and my oldest isn't even five yet! I think I had my kids a little too close together...

Mama M said...

Such a cute boy! We loved sharing his birthday party and (partially consumed) birthday cake. Happy happy five, Evan buddy!

OH,and BTW, did he get his hair cut yet?