CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

SLC Marathon

So, I didn't get a very restful sleep last night. Tomorrow is the big day! I've been looking forward/dreading this day for months! I'm all set to run my 1st marathon (SLC) tomorrow morning. And yes, I AM nervous! But I try not to think about it too much. I've already had several strange dreams about it. One in particular was odd in that it was the first time I ever was aware of feeling an actual, physical, sick nervous feeling while I was asleep. It's not like I was nervous just in my dream, but I was physically nervous in my stomach while I was dreaming about it. I worry that I'll get sick, not be rested enough, be rested too much, not be hydrated enough, not eat enough carbs, eat too many carbs, be late to the start, not have the right clothes, and then there's the whole: Will I be able to finish? thing that I can't think about too much. But I read something the other day that made me feel better. It said, you've already done the hard part--that was the training. The actual race is the fun part. You know you can do it, so just enjoy it! So that's what I tell myself every time I start feeling nervous. I KNOW I can do this, so bring it on!!

7 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Blah. Don't you just love anxiety dreams? (Er. Hate them? You know what I mean.)

But I'm excited to hear how the marathon goes for you. Please, PLEASE post as soon as you feel, you know, recovered. :)

Joanna said...

Good luck!

drea said...

Good luck from an old friend!!! And congratulations on finding a new passion. I'm starting to learn the importance of having "your own thing" in addition to the wonderful family. I look forward to reading more on "Hogge Happy" :)

Palomita said...

May I be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS on the new blog? You did it!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Mama M said...

And may I be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS on crossing the finish line of the the Salt Lake Marathon yesterday! Can't wait to see your photos and post about it. You are my hero!

Love, Mama

Sheri Willardson said...

So now you will have to do a post and let us know how it turned out...I am so proud of you for doing a marathon! You are still as amazing as you were when we were younger...

Melissa said...

A marathon, that is awesome. I hope to follow in your footsteps at least once in my life so that I can say I did it.