CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BYU Homecoming 5k

I love racing. Especially when I can race with my family. BYU had their Homecoming 5k and Kids Races this last Saturday. So we drove out (in the snow, of course--sheesh!) and met up with Vince's brother and his family, and his sister and her fiance, and we had a big, cold running day! Brooke raced the 1/2 mile with her cousin. She ended up being the last one in her group to finish, but she plugged along the entire race. I was so proud! She's wearing the pink sweater under her racing shirt.

Poor Evan. As we pulled into the parking lot before the races started, he said his tummy hurt. And then he said he thought he was going to throw up. I jokingly told him just not to do it in the car. I parked the car, he jumped out and ran over to the curb, and up came his breakfast. Poor little guy. So he decided he didn't want to run in the snow. I didn't blame him. I certainly knew how he felt. :( So here we are keeping warm:

After the kids races, Vince had to take Brooke to her last soccer game. But I stayed and ran the 5k with my sister-in-law, Shalon. It was very cold, and I was feeling kinda sluggish, so I didn't do my best run. But it was still a good run of 28:29. I was happy. Here are some pictures of my goofy running faces. (I'd seen so many photos of me looking tortured at the end of races, so I decided to pose for these. I can't decide if I look better scowling or grinning for running photos. Either way, it just doesn't look right!)


And here Shalon and I are enjoying the oranges at the end of the race. Sure was fun!

6 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

You look like a champ! Love the oranges picture. :) And poor little Evan, hopefully he is feeling better!

Lydia said...

You are brave to go out in the cold. I had to sit at my boys football games. I'm not ready for the cold yet.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I hate the cold, but I hate the heat we get here in ky. ugh... I just need to be happy I am alive and not care so much about the weather...hmmmm Oh well.. ;)

Montana Mom Marjorie said...

I loved these pictures, especially the smiling faces.

Casey said...

Love the posed running pics! So cute, and so devoted! Good for you! Hope Evan is feeling better...we can relate, because we had a "vomiter" this week too! YUCK!

Leslie said...

Ah you're so cute Becky, I think your running pics look great!