CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Birthday Pics & Marathon #2!

Well, thanks for all the Birthday wishes from y'all! It was a lovely day. Not too exciting, since it was a weekday, but it was wonderful. I always just feel special on my B-Day, no matter what I do! So here are a couple of pictures:

Me with my angel food cake!




Me blowing out the candles. (Evan thought it was kind of funny that I only had 5 candles, like he did. But no, Buddy. I'm much older than that!!)


Truth be told, I would've much rather had a delicious chocolate cake with lots of ice cream piled on top. But I've been gearing up this week for Marathon #2, so I didn't want to sabotage my performance for an indulgence in chocolate bliss. We'll save that and a night out with Vince for Saturday AFTER the race!

And today I'm physically & mentally gearing up again for running 26.2 miles tomorrow morning! My goal this time is just under 5 hours. Anything faster than that will be, well, icing on the cake! (Hardy Har Har, I know!)

So stay tuned for a recap & more pictures! I'm actually REALLY excited for this one! Fortunately I'm a lot less nervous than I was last time. Just excited now. I spent all morning looking at maps, and doing research on the area. I think it's going to be an amazingly gorgeous race on a beautiful day. So wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mama M said...

I talked to Dad a few hours ago. I am so glad that he was able to go up to Ogden for the finish, and only sorry that a RS obligation kept me from joining him. He said you did great, and that you bettered your SL time!

Looking forward to pictures and your summary of the day.

Loving you lots.

Nurse Heidi said...

The suspense is killing me! Hurry up and post, would you??