CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Graduation

So today's TTA is about Graduation. I've actually been thinking about Graduation a lot lately, since I'm now so old that it has been 10 years since I graduated from High School! My parents have all the old pictures from before I was married. So I stole this one from my friend, Sheri. Here I was 10 years ago this month:



From left to right: Michelle, Sheri, me, & Melissa

I will admit, I was very happy to move on after High School. And I loved High School, especially my Senior year. But I was really ready to go out and start the rest of my life.

And so I went to BYU and worked hard at getting a degree in Early Childhood Education. I was accepted into the program. And then I met Vince. And then I fell in love. And then I got married. And then I got PREGNANT. And then I knew I needed to graduate! So I switched to Marriage, Family, & Human Development (which still makes me chuckle at the degree I got). I was proud that I had worked it out just perfect. Brooke was due on July 10th, and I would finish Spring Term with my last classes 3 weeks prior to her due date. The only problem was that Brooke decided to show up 5 weeks EARLY! So she was born about 2 weeks before the end of the term. I had great professors that were very understanding (I'm sure at BYU this sort of thing happens a lot) and helped me finish what I needed to when I was recovered.

I had 2 more classes I did Indepent Study. And I walked across the stage in April of 2002.



Me & my friend Kristi. We were roommates until she got married, and we both graduated in MFHD.
Brooke was about 10 months old then. And we got her a cute little cap & gown outfit so we could match! I still love the pictures:

The Hogges are wonderful supporters! Shalon, me & Brooke, Vince, my Mother-in-law Marjorie, & Alisa

My family were big fans as well: My Dad, Mom, us, sisters Jo & Beth (and Bethy-Loo, why in the world are you hiding behind Jo?)

Here are the siblings--mine & Vince's

And the parents! Love you guys!

And I just threw in this picture because it was in the same file on my computer, and I'm a little baby-hungry and remembered how adorable Brookie was at this age. I love the tongue sticking out! *Sigh!* Isn't she a cutie?
And as fun as High School and college were, I will admit I am SO glad I'm not in school anymore!

7 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

So, I agree that there is no way I would ever go back to high school-life is so much better now being married, emotionally stable, and wise! But it was a fun time, and I would like to see everyone from those days. Maybe someday we will have a reunion...
PS-keep trying for that baby-you are a great mother and I'm sure it will happen soon!

Mama M said...

Becky, I know that I am a little bit biased where you are concerned, but honestly, you were so adorable cute and pretty in high school and college, and as a young mother. And the amazing thing is that you just keep becoming more beautiful, kind, sweet, strong, faithful and adorable. Where will it all end? Never, I'm thinking.

Anonymous said...

graduation is definitely a unique time. It's always fun to look back at stuff and think of how much you've grown since.

Becky said...

Aw, Mama! I'm blushing, and weeping now! Thanks. You know, I DID get those genes from YOU! :0) (I guess a few came from Papa too!)

Palomita said...

Great post, Becky - maybe I should start Tuesday Tell All, too. Love you. And Mom's right - you're too cute, and just getting cuter!

Nurse Heidi said...

Love the pictures! Especially the tiny cap and gown for your baby : ).

Wookface said...

Yeah, why don't you rub it in, Becks, the whole "I'm not in school but you are, sucker!" comment...that hurts. A lot.