CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mama

We had a wonderful weekend! My siblings and I all got together at my Mom's house to help her out in their yard--transplanting trees, planting bushes, etc. That's all Mom wanted for Mother's Day, so we decided to give her our time and hard labor! (Love you, Mom!) I already posted these pics on our family website, so sorry fam, that this is redundant. Here's a little taste of what dirty fun we had:

Joseph (my very tall little brother), Jacob (Joanna's hubby), & Vince (my hubby):
Here's my nephew Hyrum (Jo's baby) looking adorable as usual. Evan had just had a Horsey Ride on Opa's lap, and Hyrum watched intently. He was very excited when it was finally his turn:

Here I am after I scalped the lawn! I was very proud that I actually kept a whole chunk of sod intact. (Thanks to Debbie for teaching me how to do it too!):

Here's little sis Debbie digging holes for the lilac bushes. Smile, Debs!
Hyrum did the army crawl in one of the holes for the transplanted tree. (He's so cute!):


Okay Joseph! This is what you get for taking weird pictures with my camera (Haha!):
Here are the men digging out the old trees. Jacob, Peter, and Vince are pretty visible. Dad and Joseph are behind Jacob (sorry guys):
Here's a clearer shot of Dad & Joseph. I love watching the men do hard, manual labor!

Peter, I thought we were supposed to be working! Are you talking to Katie AGAIN?

Pete & Becks (I like this picture):
Can you tell we took this one ourselves? (Isn't my little brother cute?)

Okay, Peter. And this is what YOU get for stealing my camera and taking weird pictures of yourself. Nice one, Pete. Nice one: There you have it! Our Saturday celebration with the family! Don't you all wish you had such a hokey family as me?

2 comments:

Mama M said...

Our grass looks awful in your pictures, and it looks better in your pictures than it really looks in real life. All the other lawns in the neighborhood are being very mean to our lawn, calling it unkind names and making bullying threats to take our lawn's lunch money.

Thanks for your help family. It came just in the nick of time.

Really.

Palomita said...

I wish I had a hokey family like yours... oh, wait! They ARE my family!

We missed being with you all on Saturday, but we'll be there soon! Love you!