CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of 2nd Grade

Man, oh, man, does time fly by, or what?? Here it is, middle of August already, and Summer Break is over and School has begun! Today was Brooke's first day of 2nd Grade. I still can't get over the fact that I have a 2nd Grader! Woo. Every year she likes me to put her hair in sponge curlers the night before. I remember doing that when I was her age. I ALWAYS wanted curly, curly hair. Alas, mine has been straight as straight for as long as I can remember. Brooke, on the other hand, had gorgeous curls until she was about 3 or 4 when she got her first haircut. And we cut the curls all off. *Sigh* Maybe they'll come back as she gets older. But at least for now her hair holds the curl really well. Much better than mine. I remember spending an hour curling it and within a half hour it was a little wavy at best. But when I put curlers in Brookie's hair, she looks just like Shirley Temple! I love it! She's been boing, boing, boinging around all day.

I'm so glad my kids love learning and love school. Well, Brooke does. Evan will find out next Monday when the Kindergarteners start. But from how excited he is now waiting around for it to start, I'm pretty sure he'll be a great student too!

And, as a side note, I just had to show you how lovely their room got. I didn't take before pictures (thank Heavens!) but you can see how wonderfully sparkling clean the kids room was while they were playing with Grandma and Grandpa Hogge. It took me 3 days (several hours each day) to fully organize, de-junk, and shine up their room. But it was worth it!

And organized bins in the closet. Ahhh. It feels good.
And the pictures are to remind me (and my two messy monkeys) of the room's potential. I just wish it could stay like this forever. No...I take that back. I'm sure in 20 years when there's no one around to make the messes, I'll be wishing they were messy again.

7 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Aww, so cute! I remember loving the first day of school when I was in Elementary school. And I have the same hair as you, Becky. It won't curl.

Leslie said...

Wow Becky, their room looks awesome! Not only is it super clean and organized -hmm, I wonder how that feels? :-) - bit I love their beds! Can't wait to see you Saturday

Mama M said...

Brookie--You are so curly and so smart and so pretty, and I know that you will have a great school year in 2nd grade! I can't wait to see Evan's first day of K pictures next week.

And Becky--I am so glad you love to have things neat and clean. You are an awesome wife and mom to your family!

Sarah Coyne said...

Ah, I'm loving it! Brooke is such a sweetie. I hope she had a great first day of school!
So, my hair was sort of the opposite. Growing up, it was really straight. But after I had kids, it went really curly! Now, I don't know what to do with it, so I usually just throw it in a bun! Ah, the joys of being a girl.

Ann said...

AH< that room is inspiration! it made me feel good just seeing the pictures! I did get our closets organized last week, now for the rest of their rooms! CUTE curls too!

Joanna said...

Brooke looks way too big! I want her curls, too, and her outfit. Cute shoes!

Montana Mom Marjorie said...

Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories of my little girls going to school and my little boys.
Brooke is such a cutie, bet her teacher loves her and would probably like to clone her!