CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

My car turns 100000!

I have to preface this by saying, lest you think I've gone and lost my ever-lovin' mind, that I have distinct memories of doing this as a child. I know my dear husband thinks I'm a little silly for making this into such a big deal, but I have fond memories of piling into our old vehicle (now, was it the van or the station wagon, that I can't remember) with my piano teacher's children, and Mom driving around the parking lot until the odometer turned on our car. Now back in the good old days, you know, before we went digital, it was much easier to anticipate. The numbers were dial numbers that slowly turned until it flipped over to the next number. It's much less cool these days, and if you blink, you miss it, but alas, I thought it a big milestone for our poor old Toyota. So I savored the moment on my little camera so you could all enjoy it right along with me. That is, unless you, like Vince, think I'm just insane! :0)

Yay! 100,000 miles!


10 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

This just makes me happy. Glad to see you're passing along the tradition. :)

The Mattingly Family said...

Congrates on 100,000. I always think it is fun to see your car hit some of the fun milestones. Sorry that I have not posted any updates, but I am still pregnant and am going to the doctor on Thursday and will be sure to post after that.

Rebecca said...

That's so funny! Our car just hit that too and I thought we should have some sort of celebration too, but Jeff thought it was more of a reason to mourn than to celebrate. (our husbands must be related!)

Sheri Willardson said...

You are so cute! :) I love watching my cars hit 100,000-which means they are all old! Its about time for us to get a new one.

Sheri Willardson said...

You are so cute! :) I love watching my cars hit 100,000-which means they are all old! Its about time for us to get a new one.

bonnie jack said...

i am always so mad when i miss it turning over. i love that you took pictures!

Debbie Barr said...

That's awesome. And I remember Mom getting all excited for the number change, too.

Joanna said...

I don't even want to tell you the number on our odometer.

Palomita said...

I loved that fun tradition, too. Unfortunately,both of our cars are far past 100,000 miles. I guess I'll have to wait til 200000 (I hope we make it that long!)

Montana Mom Marjorie said...

Who but you would think of this!
Oh is see from the blog that many more are very much like you! HUMMMM