CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Corn on the Cob

This week's Tueaday Tell-All is telling you all about my favorite summer treat. It took me all of 1/8th of 1 second to know exactly what I wanted to share with my friends. I think about and crave it all year long. It can only be purchased around the end of July through August. I am a fresh corn on the cob addict. And as such, I'm also very picky about my corn on the cob. I only buy fresh Utah corn from the little stands you see everywhere. In case you are unfamiliar, let me enlighten you: They pick the corn so fresh, like the morning of, and drive it up from the nearby farms by 10:00 every day. There's a nice lady or man who has the fabulous job of sitting by those stands all day waiting for people to buy their produce. I will admit, I almost always skip over the tasty peaches and watermelon. I have eyes for only one thing: my yummy Utah corn. I love the Utah corn because you don't even have to cook it. You could eat it right there at the produce stand if you wanted to. But you don't want to. You have to take it home and throw it in boiling water just long enough for it to get hot. And it has to be hot because the best part is rolling it in your butter dish. You roll it and roll it until it's coated with real butter. Then you get a napkin handy because you KNOW you're going to soon have melted butter dripping down to your elbows. Lean WAY over your plate (so as not to drip on your cute jeans) and bite in. The kernals begin popping in your mouth, squirting your tongue with sweet corn juice. And real butter. Mmmm, mleh. Now I'm drooling. Better run to the produce stand...

6 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

YUM! I agree! And my father in law planted several dozen stalks of a super secret supposed to be fabulous variety...and is leaving for Europe on Friday for 17 days. So, if you're interested in some pick it yourself corn, when it's ready in a week or two I'll give you a holler and you can come on up. They also have scads of tomato and pepper plants.

Becky said...

Oooh. Yeah yeah yeah! Give me a holler!

Sheri Willardson said...

You are making my mouth water! I LOVE corn on the cob and I think I might have to go buy some now....

Leslie said...

MMmmmm, corn on the cob. Must find a stand. Today!
If you're ever up here, my husband's aunt and uncle have several corn stands, and it's some pretty darn amazing corn. Look for a "Brock Corn" stand in the West Valley area, or let me know if we get together in the next month or so and I'll snag you some.

Mama M said...

Good thing that you run and run and run and run so that you can eat all the butter you like on your corn! Me...I just let it go to the hips.

Now, if someone would just develop a self-shucking variety!

Love, Mama

Palomita said...

Mmmm... I'm drooling, too! {Running wildly off to the Farmer's Market as we speak for some Colorado corn}