CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Eviction Notice

As some of you are aware, we had quite the exciting day yesterday. I wish the day had ended as exciting as it began, but I'm SLOWLY figuring out that I have absolutely no control over anything in this pregnancy, and I have a very stubborn, very comfortable baby in my womb.

I woke up at about 2:30 Sunday morning with some contractions, which is not at all uncommon lately. But after a while of it continuing, (and because I have this NASTY cold and couldn't breathe lying down and was keeping Vince awake from my coughing) I couldn't sleep so I got up and read (and timed them) for a couple of hours. Then I got sleepy again so I laid back down. I slept okay until about 7:00, but not very soundly, as I was aware of nearly every contraction that kept coming throughout the rest of the night.

I awoke wondering if this was the real thing, but not wanting to get my hopes up. This time just seemed different, though. I had a bit of show, which seemed impressive, so I was thinking this really was it! I called my mom to update her, showered, waited to see if the contractions would change, still trying to decide if we go to church or to the hospital. About 9:30, things REALLY started to move! They became definitely more intense, longer, closer together. At that point, I knew those were all the signs to watch for. So we made arrangements for the kids to attend church with our wonderful neighbor, Marie, shipped them off, and started the 30 minute trek to Labor & Delivery!

By the time I got in the car, the contractions were 4-5 minutes apart, and at that point I had to stop and breathe through each one. Every contraction made me more excited as I knew we were having a baby today!

We got to the hospital and they hooked me all up, and started the list of questions while monitoring the contractions. They didn't seem as impressive, but that was okay. I had realized everytime I change positions they slow down for 15 minutes or so, and then pick up again. But after being monitored for an hour, they got to be good contractions again, but only about 7 minutes apart. They told me to go walk around L&D for a while to see if things got going again. At this point, I was 4 cm and 90%, so I'd made some progress from my appointment on Friday.

Vince and I walked and walked around and around the halls for a good hour. And I noticed the contractions got steadily closer together, but not as strong. And they peaked faster. So I was either having strong contractions that were far apart, or wimpy ones close together. But not both. They checked me once more after walking, and I'd basically made no change! So, they had to send me home! I was so incredibly disappointed! After weeks and weeks of "false labor" I finally felt like I was going somewhere. But apparently I couldn't tell the difference between the real thing and the fake stuff. Throughout the rest of the day, the contractions faded away. They were still pretty intense, but very sporadic. A few an hour at best. So, I guess that wasn't it. No baby yet. And for those of you who were anxious and excited along with me when I didn't show up at church yesterday, please spread the word that no, I did not really have my baby yet. I feel defeated again each time I have to answer that question. ;0)

Which brings me to the decision that I need some drastic action at this point. I've decided to issue my Baby an Eviction Notice. (I wish I could take credit for this one, but I can't. Someone else came up with it and posted it on my birth board. But I thought after yesterday, I should post one too. And it helps me at least try to keep some humor in my bleak situation!) So, Baby. You have been warned:

"Dear Baby, I am hereby issuing a notice of eviction. Please gather your belongings and promptly vacate the premises. You are being evicted due to breech of contract and destruction of private property. Expansions only to the front of the property were discussed. Not only have these limits been exceeded but expansion to the back were also made! Remodeling and gutting of the home were never approved. And due to property damage there are now several leaks in the upper and lower levels of the home. In addition the land lord has received numerous complaints of night time disturbances. Thank you for your cooperation--now get out!

Love Mommy"

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

oh man! I hope it happens soon for you, Becky. I hope I don't see you next Sunday :)

bonnie jack said...

love the eviction notice. i can't believe you've progressed that far and you haven't had that baby yet! good luck!

Leslie said...

Haha, that eviction notice is funny! Don't worry about not knowing the difference, you thought you were in labor and were, just early labor. She'll come, and maybe fast and furious now that your body is all primed. Hang in there! I'm thinking of you :)

Casey said...

Darn! That wasn't what I expected! Sorry for all the drama...it definitely keeps things exciting! I went thru similar "false" labor with Lyndie, and was sent home from the hospital twice! I feel your pain! Hang in there!

Rebecca said...

Sorry! That's so disappointing! I was getting worried as I read your blog though - I though maybe you had it two days ago and no one had called us!!

Mama M said...

Well...If you think that every contraction is actually doing some good, then it really is not "false" labor, just "getting ready" labor.

Doesn't really change the reality, but keeps a positive spin on the whole thing.

Whenever she does decide to come, you can always count on your Mama for love and support.

Always.

Natalie said...

Oh I'm sorry. That eviction notice is quite cute though. I ate the "pregnancy pizza" from the cafe trio (trio cafe?) in Salt Lake that is supposed to start you in labor within 48 hours. It worked for me. I don't know if it is the massive amount of garlic that jump starts everything, but I'm a believer. :o) Good luck, I hope she comes soon.

Kim said...

I LOVE that eviction notice! That's a keeper! :):):):)
Good luck, Becky.

Montana Mom Marjorie said...

Hi Becky
Good that you still have your cute sense of humor!
Your in our prayers!
Love you!
MMM

Sheri Willardson said...

he he-that is an AWESOME post!! I love the eviction notice. I hope the baby has come by now. I can't wait to hear all about the birth, and I hope you are doing well. Congrats! love ya!