CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Waiting for Baby

Just wanted to update you all on the baby status, since it's been a while! I had my 37 week appointment this morning. Which means I'm now officially considered "full term" and they wouldn't do anything to stop labor if it happens now. (And if you don't want the nitty-gritty details, just skip on to the next paragraph!) I was checked and am about the same as last week--I'm dilated to 3 cm and am about 80% effaced.

So things are moving, but still a lot of progress to be made. I'm now, fortunately, past that "Oh, I hope the baby doesn't come yet because I want her to be perfectly healthy" phase, and now on to the "Oh, I am so uncomfortable and I just want to have this baby here in my arms and not kickin' my ribs!" phase. I feel like this is the part in the marathon where I get to count how many miles I have left, instead of how many I've come. The finish line is somewhere around the corner (or next few corners) and I can't quite see it yet. But I can hear and feel the crowd getting more and more excited as I get closer! (Sorry for the marathon analogy. But the Ogden Marathon--my favorite--is tomorrow, and I've been thinking about it all day! Good luck, my running friends! ;0)
I also feel like I'm pretty ready to have her come. I installed the carseat in our backseat (which suddenly feels SO squished back there)! And washed all the 0-3 months pink, frilly things that have been stored away for SO long. I've cleaned the house (which mostly was because we had an appraiser come yesterday for our refinance, and I wanted it to at least be de-cluttered) and even cleaned out my closet! Yeah, Vince was shocked too! I think the only thing I'm still worried about having enough time to do is reading up on labor techniques. But somehow, I wonder if I'll ever be fully prepared for labor at this point.
So if you have any last-minute advice for an anxiously-awaiting mama, I'd love to hear it! And of course, I'll keep you posted...!!

7 comments:

Sarah Coyne said...

Good luck, Becky! I hope your little one comes soon, cause these last few weeks are the pits!!! I was late with both of mine so I've got no good advice to help baby come earlier! Keep us posted! (and happy birthday by the way! :)

bonnie jack said...

you've progressed further than i had after 12 hours of active labor. :) good luck and have fun!

Leslie said...

You look great Becky! I can't wait for your little girl to come. It's funny, I have the same feelings thinking about you and when your baby will come as I do when our bbc ladies have races coming up. I'm so excited for you!
As far as labor is concerned, I never really practiced a particular method, but was really concentrated on one contraction at a time and breathing real deeply through them. Just counting up in my head also seemed to help as I figured it'd be over or at least coming down by the time I got to 60. My goal if we have another baby is to remember to recognize that when I feel like I'm losing it and cannot do it anymore, that's when it's almost over. Good luck and I can't wait to see your sweet pink little girl!

Mama M said...

I cannot, cannot, cannot wait!

Joanna said...

Sounds like some nesting instinct. I could use some of that right now.

And happy late birthday to Evan and to YOU! And happy early birthday to Baby. Can't wait to see her.

Nurse Heidi said...

Look how stinkin' cute you are!! Little basketball belly and all :). Sending happy labor vibes your way...

Marie said...

Becky, I've finally caught up on your blog! We are so excited for you and your new little girl. It's like reliving last year for us and I know what an amazing year of joy it will be. It's like falling in love all over again and really appreciating the experience again. Watching Brooke and Evan with her will be priceless and precious! So fun!! I'm ready to do it again...except for the basement/painting/labor part anyway! Best of luck and call me anytime.