CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Prayers Needed

I'm sorry I'm so slow at posting. I've had a whirlwind of a week (don't I always seem to say that?) and an even worse weekend. But I just wanted to pop in for a quick request for prayer for my Dad. He had a rough night last Friday. Went in to the hospital on Saturday morning. Turns out he suffered a massive heart attack and went in for open heart surgery on Sunday morning. And it turned out to be more serious than we were thinking. He's having a rough time recovering, and is in a lot of pain. Today he seems better than he did yesterday, but still certainly not himself. Mom says she's anxious for him to start cracking jokes--really bad ones that make everyone roll their eyes. Then she knows he'll be okay. So if you have a moment in your day, please say a little prayer for him that he'll recover quickly and not be in so much pain. That's the hardest thing for me to see right now.

But on a lighter note...I know some of you may not have heard the happy news: all you that guessed I was having a little girl, well, you turned out to be right!

It's a girl!
(Sorry about the pictures. I don't know how to work the scanner, so I just took pictures of the pictures. Not the best quality, but at least you can still see her cute little profile, and arm, and...well, I still can't really see how she's a girl, so good luck!)
We're all so thrilled. Brooke especially. She drew a darling picture of me and my pregnant belly a few weeks ago, before the ultrasound, and at the top wrote the words, "Girl...Be a girl..." She's been wanting a little sister for years now. I was a little nervous for Evan, because he was pretty adament that I was having a boy. But we talked about it a lot and I prepped him in case it didn't turn out the way he wanted. After the ultrasound, we went into the waiting room and sat down for a minute. I asked him how he felt about us having a girl. And his reaction was, "I'm good! Now I get to be the best part of an Oreo cookie!" Sure glad he can see the good side of a less than desired situation! Now if I can just keep that optimism, and with the Lord's help, of course, we'll be good.

9 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Becky,
I commented to Beth yesterday that it was our ward's fast sunday yesterday because we are having stake conference next week and so our family was praying and fasting for you dad all day. He's still in our prayers and will continue to be as long as needed. We love him and your whole family and are putting our positive thoughts out there for all of you. Love RaeAnn

Janice {Run Far} said...

I too was praying for you dad yesterday. When my dad was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, I was a mess for a few days. It took my hubby some major talking to get me to realize dad would be fine. But there is nothing like seeing your daddy in pain and anxious about getting better. Your family is so strong and I am sure with all of the extra prayers (Barney side alone is an army) he will recover fully. I will be sure to call my temple tomorrow when they are open and put his name on the Prayer roll.
Hugs & kisses

Cox Clan said...

Just found out today about your dad. I will be praying for him. Congratulations on having another girl.

Jenn

Rebecca said...

We'll be praying for your Dad for sure. We love you guys!

Shalon said...

We are definitely thinking about your dad Becky. Let us know if you need anything, we'd be glad to help. We can take the kids or bring food or whatever. Sure love ya! Thanks for inviting me to the recitals!

Anonymous said...

Becky: first...we are all praying for your dad in the Larkin clan. We love your parents and hope all is going to get better, soon. second...congrats on your new baby girl. We are ecited for you. Your dad will be fine, but it's sad to see him suffer. Our prayers are there. Love, Auntie

Lydia said...

Congrats on the girl. My mom told me about your dad on Sat. He's been in our prayers.

Roth Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad. We will pray for him, and hope he recovers quickly. Congratus on the girl again. I'm sure everyone is excited:)

Momzoo said...

OH Becky, I am so sorry. Your family will be in our prayers. Give your Mom a hug for me please.