CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

I Can Run Again!!

I don't really have much to report. Life is back to its normal craziness. I have to say, though, Monday was a very hard day for me, as I just didn't want the nice, relaxing Holiday to end. I LOVED having Vince home full time. He took both weeks off of work to start on our basement (HOORAY!!) And he got a great start on the framing. I'm still amazed that he can figure out how to actually build stuff on his own! But, sadly, he's back traveling again, and has been gone all week. It's so hard to go from having him home all the time, to being home just on the weekends again. We sure all miss him!

And although getting back to real life has been another adjustment, I am so happy that at least I'm feeling much better now. I'm still taking my daily dose of Unisom/Vitamin B6 to keep the nausea under control. But I can finally eat most foods again. It's such a relief! Except that now I'm really starting to miss my body. It's hard to see the numbers creep up on the scale. I know it's for a good purpose and that I have to get over the struggle. But I just keep thinking how HARD I worked all those months. So I decided I can at the very least start exercising consistently again, and cut back on those extra little tasty treats, since I'm not nearly as nauseous anymore. So last week, we had a break from the snow (finally) and it was actually fairly warm and pleasant, and most of the roads were starting to melt away. So I left Vince with the kids and started on a nice walk around the neighborhood. After about a mile, I felt really good, (and since I was heading DOWN the hill ;) I decided to start running. Well, can't really say running actually. It was definitely a SLOW jog. I was planning to just do maybe 1/2 mile, if I felt good. But I felt REALLY good, so I kept going, and ended up jogging another full mile! I was so happy that it was pretty easy for me, since it's been months since I've felt well enough to even attempt it. Now if life can just settle back into a real routine again, I'll hopefully make this a nice, consistent habit again. And I'm hoping that will help keep me healthy through the next 20 weeks, and certainly after that into the summer months!

4 comments:

Sarah Coyne said...

You are so good to go running! When I wasn't working, I think I spent the rest of the entire 9 months of pregnancy on the couch.

Casey said...

I'm hoping the weather will cooperate enough for you (and me) that you can make that run a regular habit again!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I ran during both of my pregnancies. With Morgan, I would run on the treadmill at the gym. I would go every morning and run 3-5 miles and then go home and throw up. Then I was able to eat. With Taylor I also ran on the treadmill, but it was at about 4 in the afternoon when I felt the best. Good luck with everything. You are just about the cutest pregnant girl I have seen in a long time.

Leslie said...

Great job Becky!
I know it's hard to watch to pounds come on, but I'd be willing to bet money they'll come off much easier this time since you started so active.