CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm So Glad My Daddy Came Home!

Once again, thank you SO much everyone for your love and concern. My family and I all really felt the strength of your love and prayers. It meant so much to all of us.

So pretty much as soon as Dad's balloon pump and chest tubes came out, he improved very quickly. From there everything kept looking better and better. He was up and walking (not briskly, but not shuffling either) around the ICU within a day. His spirits were much improved, and he was back to his old self.

He made such great progress that they released him this afternoon!! And now he's home. I was able to take the kids to Grammy & Opa's to see him. They haven't been able to see him since he went in to the hospital. I think they were just a little wary of the oxygen in his nose, which, he's still on oxygen since his lungs aren't to full capacity yet. But that's the only thing left! But I think the kids were still glad to see Opa and hug him (very gently)! I'm sure Dad's glad to be home, and sleeping in his own bed. And I know Mom's glad to have him there too. Dad just seemed happy to me. Mom seemed physically and emotionally exhausted! I think a good night's rest will do them both a world of good.

Thank you all again for the love and support. We can all be relieved that he's home now!

8 comments:

Casey said...

Yeah! Happy day for you! Glad to hear it!

The Hurst Family said...

WOW! That was faster than I thought he'd be home. So glad he's improving so quickly. We love you all and are praying still that everyone will deal with this event as well as possible. Love RaeAnn

Janice {Run Far} said...

YEAH!

Cox Clan said...

Yeah!! I am so glad he is home. What a scare and a blessing that he is going to be ok. I hope his recovery continues to go quick.

Lydia said...

I'm so glad that he is home and recovering nicely.

Mama M said...

Amen. Amen, amen, and amen!

If I dare ask one more favor, I would request that everyone who offered up prayers that he would recover will now off up a prayer of thanks that he is getting well.

My thanks to all of Becky's friends who read this blog and have been so kind through this difficult two weeks.

Sheri Willardson said...

So glad to hear that! I wish you guys the best!

Jim and Brooke said...

So sorry your dad and all of you had to go through that. I was a little late in reading and finding out, but I am so glad he is better and home. We will keep him in our prayers for continued recovery.