CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. It really means so much to me and my family.

I just got back from the Hospital and I am SO happy to report that my Dad is doing much better. He really seems more like himself. He's not quite up to his joke-cracking self, but I can just tell his spirits are much improved. I was able to visit with him for about 10 or 15 minutes, but even just that much wore him out and he was ready to rest again. But even getting that much was so much better than Monday and especially Sunday. Breathing right now is one of the hardest things. Every breath is painful. But getting better. Which is why he can't visit for very long. Which, if you know my Dad is hard. He loves visiting with people.

They were able to remove the balloon last night that was helping his heart beat normally. That was a huge step in the right direction. He was able to stand 3 times during the night and the physical therapist had him move his legs. There wasn't excess fluid while he was standing which was a great sign. His fever is now gone. He slept for 2-3 hour stretches last night which I think helped a lot. And as I was leaving, the nurse came in to take out the tubes in his chest! Dad's nurse said that removing the chest tubes will relieve a LOT of the pain. We're really hopeful for that.

So Dad's had a lot of steps in the right direction. We're so grateful. And we know the Lord has heard and is answering our prayers. Thank you all again. We are so blessed. I'll add more updates as they come.

9 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm so happy to hear that he is doing so much better.

Cox Clan said...

I am so glad he is doing better. We love him and your family so much.

Casey said...

Just read what was going on with your dad...glad he seems to be doing better! Hope things continue to improve!

John and Melissa Cameron said...

I am so glad your dad is doing better. And congrats on the girl!

Adrienne said...

I'm so glad! Please know we're praying for all of you :)

Nurse Heidi said...

EXCELLENT! You're on the home stretch now, or rather, HE is. Once all the tubes come out, he'll be marching around the unit in no time and headed toward discharge. I'm so glad that he got the balloon pump out and has stabilized.

Sarah Coyne said...

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! But I'm so pleased to hear that he is improving and doing better with things. We'll keep him in our prayers!

Also, congrats on the news about the baby girl! Girls are so much fun!

Sheri Willardson said...

Oh, I just checked your blog, and I can't believe the news about your dad. I am glad he is doing better. We will keep you in our prayers.

And congrats on the baby girl. YAY!

Montana Mom Marjorie said...

Dear Becky
So glad to hear that your Dad is doing so much better, we will continue to remember him in our prayers!
Love, MMM